Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Coming Up

What to say? Time flies.. It's exactly 3 weeks till Christmas. Last weekend, as 1. December was closing in. I eagerly carried up the boxes, filled with Christmas decoration, from the basement. I'm a bit like a kid when it comes to this and it's just as exciting every year! It's like rediscovering a forgotten treasure, as I pull my old friends out of the boxes. I always start out with a few things, then gradually add on as Christmas is closing in. Wrapped in several warm layers of clothes, I totally ignored my flu and stumbled out into the cold, to get our lightchains up. All in the traditional norwegian warm white color, that I prefer. I try to go for a vintage Christmas style. So no ding dong, crazy colors going on at the mansion..

It's insane what a difference a few lightchains, in trees and bushes can make! Suddenly the outdoors space seems so much warmer and inviting. Something that is much needed! By this time of the year, it feels like we are surrounded by darkness 24/7. It's dark when we leave for work and dark by the time we get home..

We also had a light snowfall, over the last couple of days. Coming down like a light drizzle, of powdered sugar. Covering the garden and landscape, in a thin, white coat of beautiful snow crystals..

It definitely starts to look a bit like Christmas..

Beautiful snow capture, found online..

2 comments:

  1. The snow is so pretty - I just wish it wasn't so freaking cold! Can't wait to see pictures of your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely make sure to to take some photos, of the Christmas deoration :) Both inside and out! Hopefully the snow will stay for a while. It makes it much lighter ouside and it's pretty.But cold as you say.. As long as we don't get wet and slush, I prefer a little snow in the winter. At least around Christmas :P

      Delete

Leave me a scream, if you're peeking in..