Friday, September 26, 2014

Madame Talbot

I recently stumbled over some delightful, dark art, on one of my google searches, here on the world wide web.. That instantly got my dark heart, to pick up a few beats and beat a little faster. Madame Talbot is the talented artist behind these lovely posters. All hand-drawn with pencil and finished up with delicious, black ink. She got an amazing eye for details, blended in with wicked dark humour. What not to love, right?

Of course I had to get myself a treat.. After some heavy drooling over every single poster, I finally managed to pick out a few. A few for myself and a few for my love. Some for the staircase, some for the saloon in the barn. Smart shopping move, to justify me buying 8 new lovelies for our semi empty, longing walls. Eeeerrr Right..?

Impatently waiting for my new treasures to arrive. *Rolling thumbs*




Remember Me.. The first poster to catch my eyes.
Just love the inscription on this stone.



Quote from the artist herself, Madame Talbot: "During the Victorian era, cemeteries were considered the place to be and the place to be seen. Some of the most interesting graveyards and cemeteries are located in England, Bunhill (probably from the words "Bone Hill"), Highgate and must we not forget the most poetic and beautiful of all, Père-Lachaise cemetery, which is located in romantic Paris, France.

At the bottom of this tombstone in the poster is an old saying that had once been described in stone:"

"Remember me as you pass by
As you are now so once was I -
As I am now so you will be
Prepare for death and follow me"


*Sigh* Ooooh wonderful, wonderful.. Do I have to say more? Head over to Madame Talbot's dark corner of the world wide web, to see more of her lovely art! Oh, and did I mention.. She also makes mourning dolls and sell other horrifick goodies. No reason to wait. 

Ps: Do also check out her blog!

 
Curiosity Cabinet
St. James Infirmary
Whiskey Jack
Man's Ruin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a scream, if you're peeking in..