Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Saturday:)

I'll be celebrating my first Thanksgiving today, it will also be the first together with my love. It's probably one of the last american holidays that hasn't made it over here yet.. Hmmm something tells me it's probably just matter of time before the turkey comes knocking on our door;) People love celebrations and and very much need it I think.. Thanksgiving is celebrated the last Thursday of November and it's a perfect time to squize in a celebration in this part of the world, as the the dark is pretty much consuming us this time of the year. I think the sun goes down around 03:00-03:30 at the moment... Incredible. I don't think I'll ever get used to it, it's the same when summer come and we have those long, bright everlasting days.. Beautiful and magical! But today I'll raise the glass and do a toast for the old tradition that started out long time ago, when some of the first settelers came over to America. The indians helped them out and showed them how to catch eel and grow corn to survive the harsh winters. The first Thanksgiving was celebrated to thank God for helping the pilgrims for surviving the first brutal winter and lasted for no more than three days! Think I'll go for the one day..

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!;)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a scream, if you're peeking in..